Product Development Engineer
October 13, 2020
SKYDEX Technologies Inc. is in the business of protecting people and things that matter. We bring decades of experience developing solutions that provide impact protection, vibration reduction, and comfort for a range of needs, from blast protection in military vehicles, wave slam reduction in high-speed boats, to sports and military head protection and other forms of body protection.
SKYDEX is looking to expand its team with a person who is imaginative and inventive, with at least 7 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer, and a track record of successful innovation and product development, directed at solving real-world problems. In addition, this person has experience structuring projects, has strong analytical and organizational skills, and excellent communication with other engineers, cross-functional staff, and customers.
The successful candidate will work in a fast-moving environment partnering with business development professionals to understand customer and market needs, developing concepts and prototypes, and guiding engineered solutions through the full product development cycle. They will experience the satisfaction of learning about real-world problems then bringing creative, high performing solutions to customers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Planning, scheduling and conducting all stages of product development projects
- Interacting with cross-functional project teams throughout the product development cycle
- Juggling multiple projects, driving the schedule of both innovation and product development projects
- In cooperation with Business Development and Sales staff, interacting with customers to articulate the benefits of our technology and understand the needs and requirements for new opportunities
- Using computer-assisted design and engineering software (SolidWorks)
- Analyzing product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine solutions that can be produced by existing manufacturing methods
- Conferring with other development and engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop designs
- Coordinating the building of prototype products and equipment associated with the fabrication of prototypes
- Planning and developing experimental test programs, analyzing test data and creating reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications
- Evaluating engineering test results for possible application to the development of products
- Assisting other technical colleagues within the department in the design of components or tools
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
- A resourceful, creative, problem solver
- An excellent written and verbal communicator who actively listens
- Passionate about your role in helping customers by developing the right solutions
- Self-motivated and inspirational to the team
- Have a track record of juggling multiple projects
- Curious and continuously seeking knowledge
- Ability to use knowledge and experience to think through complex issues
- Ability to keep calm through stressful circumstances
- Organized and accountable
- Interacts well with teams of cross-functional staff
- Prepared to travel for interaction with partners and customers (20%)
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Experienced in SolidWorks, engineering design software
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, ANSI Y14.5
- Experience with the design of experiments and testing
- Experience in project management
- A background in developing solutions using thermoplastic and elastomeric materials
- Experience with plastics fabrication processes, assembly processes and design for manufacturability
- Experience evaluating the transmission of vibration in various applications
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Email email@example.com to apply.