Product Development Engineer
November 6, 2020
Advance your career as a Product Development Engineer as part of a fast-growing company that is making a difference in lives across a range of military, athletic, commercial, and consumer markets. In this dynamic role, you will help us achieve industry leadership in high-performance protection by delivering next-generation solutions that make us the premier partner for recognized brands worldwide. Your key objectives will include: (1) Bringing an imaginative and inventive perspective to solving our customer’s challenges; (2) Use engineering principles to validate solutions; (3) Lead the complete product design cycle through commercialization. Here at SKYDEX, we are building for our future and looking for top talent to push the possibilities of our technology.
As an advanced materials provider, we have an ever-expanding portfolio of 100+ patented technologies and are the leading supplier of impact protection to the armed forces and market-leading brands of all sizes. Innovation and sustainability are the core of our DNA and our competitive advantage is our team. VC-backed, we have brought together minds from all industries and backgrounds to solve challenges that combine our visually compelling technology with specification-driven performance.
SKYDEX is dedicated to Protecting People and Things That Matter. Our passion for providing high-performance protection is attracting partners worldwide and our team is prepared to respond. Are you ready to make a difference?
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE:
Our team of Product Development Engineers is responsible for bringing an entrepreneurial approach to product development. Working in lockstep with our Business Development and Sales group, our engineering team interacts directly with our partners to articulate the benefits of our technology and understand the needs and requirements for each opportunity as they drive each solution through all stages of our product development process.
This is a fast-paced, hands-on design role that includes working closely with cross-functional teams to deliver next-generation protection. The successful candidate will have demonstrated engineering brilliance, technical acumen, and a true passion for improving the lives of people. This person will have the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks while making strategic decisions towards both innovation and product development.
DRIVING THE FUTURE:
Our engineers contribute to the growth of our company by managing solutions implementation through:
- A high level of skill using computer-assisted design and engineering software (SolidWorks)
- Analyzing product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine solutions that can be efficiently manufactured
- Close collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Coordinating the building of prototype products and equipment associated with the fabrication of prototypes
- Planning and developing experimental test programs, analyzing test data, and creating reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications
- Evaluating engineering test results for possible application to the development of products
- Assisting other technical colleagues within the department in the design of components or tools
- Applying project management principles to accelerate product development and commercialization.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE VALUE:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 7 year’s experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Experienced in SolidWorks, engineering design software
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, ANSI Y14.5
- Experience with design of experiments and testing
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience in project management
- A background in developing solutions using thermoplastic and elastomeric materials
- Experience with plastics fabrication processes, assembly processes, and design for manufacturability
- Experience evaluating the transmission of vibration in various applications.
- Experience in energy-absorption, impact mitigation
TAKE A CHANCE:
We offer our team members an exceptional benefits package including company-sponsored employee and dependent medical and dental care. Further, SKYDEX is committed to investing in the team through a 401K retirement plan and Employee stock option plan.
Feeling inspired? Tell us why – firstname.lastname@example.org.