Manufacturing and Operations Coordinator
February 6, 2023
Advance your career as a Manufacturing and Operations Coordinator by joining a company making a difference in lives across the military, athletic, commercial, and consumer markets. In this dynamic role, you will help us achieve industry leadership in high-performance protection by assisting our manufacturing and operations teams. You’ll be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate information is moving to and from the manufacturing floor. Additionally, you will aid in internal scheduling and coordinating orders with suppliers. This person is a critical link in the business and must enjoy working on a wide variety of tasks and with many different stakeholders.
As an advanced materials provider, we have an ever-expanding portfolio of patented technologies. We are a leading supplier of impact protection to the armed forces and market-leading brands of all sizes. Innovation and sustainability are the core of our DNA, and our competitive advantage is our team. VC-backed, we have brought together minds from all industries and backgrounds to solve challenges that combine our exciting technology with specification-driven performance.
SKYDEX is dedicated to Protecting People and Things That Matter. Our passion for providing high-performance protection is attracting partners worldwide, and our team is prepared to respond. Are you ready to make a difference?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily tasks include creating & issuing manufacturing orders, updating material dispatch lists, gathering data, and processing completed manufacturing orders
- Play a proactive role in updating and maintaining the MES
- Communicate late orders
- Interface with manufacturing personnel, purchasing personnel, quality personnel, etc. on production status and planning issues as needed
- Participate in weekly production meetings
- Run cycle count reports and assist with processing completed counts
- Assist with purchasing shop supplies and materials
- Create & distribute key metric reports including on time delivery reports, vendor on-time reports, weekly shop order reports
- Assist manufacturing, Quality, and supply chain teams on projects and improvements
- Work closely with technicians to continuously improve material and information flow
- Maintain reporting tools created in Excel and/or other software programs
- Additional general administrative duties
- On-site role (90%+)
- Ability to work independently – self-starter
- Experience managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Flexible, patient, and comfortable with a high-change environment
- Excited to learn and grow
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent follow-up and organization skills
- Microsoft Office, highly proficient with Excel
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 35 – 50 lbs.
- Warehouse, manufacturing, and office environment.
- Approximately 75% at desk
- Potential exposure to high noise, heat, physical obstacles, and chemicals
- Work safely near manufacturing and warehouse equipment
- Ability and willingness to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch/bend as needed to perform essential tasks
Apply by emailing email@example.com