Business Development Manager - North America
November 10, 2020
Experience selling to Military Customers and OEMs required.
Advance your career as a Business Development Manager as part of a fast-growing company that is making a difference in lives across a range of military, athletic, commercial, and consumer markets. In this dynamic role, you will help us achieve industry leadership in high-performance protection by driving the growth of our next-generation solutions. Your key objectives will include: (1) Establishing and fostering strategic partnerships across North America for our government and OEM sector; (2) Presenting existing solutions and guiding both our external partners and internal cross-functional teams through new opportunity development; (3) Meeting aggressive sales goals. Here at SKYDEX, we are building for our future and looking for top talent to push the possibilities of our growth.
As an advanced materials provider, we have an ever-expanding portfolio of 100+ patented technologies and are the leading supplier of impact protection to the armed forces and market-leading brands of all sizes. Innovation and sustainability are the core of our DNA and our competitive advantage is our team. VC-backed, we have brought together minds from all industries and backgrounds to solve challenges that combine our visually compelling technology with specification-driven performance.
SKYDEX is dedicated to Protecting People and Things That Matter. Our passion for providing high-performance protection is attracting partners worldwide and our team is prepared to respond. Are you ready to make a difference?
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE:
Our team of Business Development professionals brings an entrepreneurial approach to each of their market segments. With a demanding travel commitment and ability to rapidly respond to both existing and potential partner inquiries, this role must blend excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills with an emphasis on sales reporting and best practices. This position ensures personal monthly and annual sales targets are achieved and exceeded by utilizing account management, new business development, sales skills, and CRM.
This is a fast-paced, hands-on design role that engages with technical buyers/influencers and C-Suite. The successful candidate will have demonstrated strategic selling brilliance, business acumen, and a true passion for improving the lives of people. This person will have the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks while making strategic decisions towards both establishing lasting relationships with our existing customer base and locating new opportunities within North America.
DRIVING THE FUTURE:
Our Business Development professionals contribute to the growth of our company through:
- A proven ability to network and develop new business opportunities
- Meeting specific quarterly and annual sales goals
- Managing and presenting sales activity and forecast reports
- Working to ensure sales and productivity goals are met
- Engaging with all levels of the organization on opportunities
- Attending and hosting sales conferences and trade events
- Devises new and innovative ways to market products and services
- Assists in designing marketing promotional materials to support the growth strategy
- Assists in the development of new products to meet customer expectations and drive growth
- Working alongside SKYDEX consultants and agents to identify and close sales opportunities
- Maintaining the CRM system in line with corporate best practices
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE VALUE:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in product and business development role
- Extensive experience dealing with large OEM customers
- Demonstrated ability to be a driver of growth
- Strong team mentality
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Possesses knowledge of competitive products and markets
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrates the ability to think creatively
- Exhibits awareness of best sales practices and methods
- Demonstrates patience with reluctant or frustrated clients
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and effectively at all levels
- Possesses strong persuasive abilities
- Demonstrates solid inspirational, motivational, and leadership skills
- Maintains a professional but confident and outgoing demeanor
- Is capable of conducting independent research
- Demonstrates strong analytical and organizational skills
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience in selling technology-based solutions
- Strong understanding of US government procurement and contracts
- Experience selling to government OEMs and government program offices – preferably in the armored vehicles market
TAKE A CHANCE:
We offer our team members an exceptional benefits package including company-sponsored employee and dependent medical and dental care. Further, SKYDEX is committed to investing in the team through a 401K retirement plan and Employee stock option plan.
Feeling inspired? Tell us why – email@example.com.