Business Development Manager
SKYDEX Technologies is seeking a business development manager with 6+ years of account management in a technical sales environment. Join a talented and interactive team of marketing, operations, and engineering professionals in innovating new products and delivering exceptional customer value. We are leaders in development of next-generation solutions that deliver impact mitigation, cushioning, and vibration attenuation in high-performance applications. Our markets include military and commercial impact protection surfaces, modular mattress systems, and protective equipment. The Business Development Manager role is equal parts strategic account management, new business development, and post-sales customer support. This role will specifically focus on maintaining and building the market for our modular mattress system.
This role will require a range of sales actions, including:
- Developing or enhancing SKYDEX product exposure in military and commercial markets; to include emergency management, army and national guard facilities, and commercial applications.
- Presenting product solutions to customers that have both a mid to long range product cycle as well as a transactional sales cycle
- Close management of existing SKYDEX corporate accounts, including distributor presentations and new channel management
- Coordinating product-to-sales cycles with the internal engineering and operations groups.
This is a multi-faceted sales position requiring a person whom can work in an engineering-oriented internal structure, while effectively managing multiple customer projects with various timelines and product goals. Required skills include:
- Solid organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
- Strong grasp of engineering concepts and the ability to translate our technology to customer applications
- Experience in presenting to all levels of an organization
- Proven practice and achievement in generating new sales from existing and potential customer accounts
Additional Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR significant work experience as an equivalent, Military experience preferred
- Distinct progression in career path, showing multiple progressive levels of responsibility
- Proven ability to identify new markets, meet sales goals, and maintain customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with CRM Systems and Project Management Processes
- Role will require 60%+ domestic travel
- Requires ability to lift approximately 40 lbs and work in remote environments while conducting training or product demonstrations
Competitive Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K with company match
- Company Stock Option Plan
Job Type: Full-time